- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this Property470 Tarpon is a delightful one story oceanfront home located in the south end of Fripp Island. This five bedroom, three bath home is ideal for visitors who adore the beach and sound of the rolling waves. Includes include an open floor plan, sliding glass windows that open to a sizeable outdoor space, and a separate entrance to the downstairs bedroom. It agreeably accommodates up to 14 people. This is a 5 bedroom home, with the 5th bedroom having a separate entrance outdoor. Not ideal for young children. A golf cart is included with your rental (excluding monthly units). Many visitors park their cars upon arrival and use the golf cart as their primary form of transportation. It is a great way to restful take in the natural dramatic beauty of the island, or take a ride to get ice cream at the Food Court after dinner! Also supplied with your rental are up to 14 guest cards, with a value of up to $700. These cards are mandatory for access to all resort luxuries, including golf and tennis courses, eateries and bars, swimming pools, and more. Guest cards offer exclusive access to discounted costs on golf and tennis. Please ask us about Golf Packages for Monthly Units!!!!
Costs subject to change.
Click "Rent it Now" for costs and availability.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties provide Beaufort, SC area promotional travel magazines that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the store itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Willing to change your dates? The off-peak seasons will offer phenomenal rates on daily rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies offer special discounts to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially catered to particular clients, whether it's beachfront homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a certain Beaufort, SC atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer their clients the chance to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are sometimes surprised at the number and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rental homes available in the Beaufort, SC area. With such a big selection, renters are sure to come across a vacation home which fits their wishes and budget.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "470 Tarpon - Vacation Home" is the best rental home for your upcoming visit? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Beaufort, SC rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your trip. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for groups to plot their Summer trips..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Begin by deciding which particular area of Beaufort, SC you prefer to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Rental
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the family. Most vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Most rentals are advertised with a price range. Determine the cost for your desired week. It might be at the top end of the range. If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What home features is your family trying to find? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental home with outside dining area? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property rate? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Do members of your party have specialized needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at many vacation rentals, but policies differ. A number of constraints might dismiss a prospective rental. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to having exclusive rental properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Agreement
Read the full contract and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. Rental home management companies and rental owners often offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your vacation home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make sure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also recommend promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the rental to ensure that you've gathered all valuables.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most property management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to give comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere about your experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. If not, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.3 miles