About this Property
- Sleeps 14
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
We are excited to share our home on Fripp Island with you. Since purchasing in August 2018, we have refreshed most of the home. WooHoo is a 4 bedroom 2 bath home with an additional sizable outdoor shower. Our home features a huge front porch great for rocking, appreciating the breeze, and watching the wildlife. You are located 1 1/2 mins. by golf cart to the best beach access with 24/7 beach and a straight shot to the marina. Golf cart NOT supplied. 4 luxury cards supplied with weekly units.
The home has an open living/dining/kitchen area and can sleep 14 with the use of the 2 queen sleeper couches. All floors have been replaced or refinished including carpet in all bedrooms, bathroom floors, and refinished wood floors in the main area.
The living/dining area includes two sitting areas with 2 queen sleeper couches, 2 swivel chairs, all by Rowe Furnishings, and a 50 in Intelligent TV.. Dining table that can seat 10-12 and 4 additional seats at the kitchen island.
All bed linens supplied (sleeper couch too). All bedrooms have a dresser with the exception of the bunk room. The bunk room has a set of lockers for storage. The bunk room also has a TV and TV console that can be used for gaming systems (must be brought with you). Bath towels are included. Beach towels are not included.
Bedroom 2- Queen with screened porch access
Bedroom 3- Queen
Bedroom 4- 4 twins (2 sets of bunkbeds)
Bedroom 2 and 3 have partial marsh vistas, especially at high tide.
Bathroom 1 (located between Master and Bedroom 2)- tub and shower, two sinks
Bathroom 2 (Located between Bedroom 3 and 4)- Shower only, two sinks, washer/dryer
1 Outdoor Shower
Fridge has an ice maker and additional ice trays. Modest appliances: Coffee Maker, Keurig, blender, air fryer, griddle, and toaster. Kitchen is completely supplied, including a enormous stock pot for Frogmore Stew.
The wall beside the dining table has a 4' X 10' magnetic map of St Helena Sound, Port Royal Sound, and all creeks. Ideal to map out boat excursions for the day/week. All porches have seating including rocking chairs and a picnic table on the front porch. The screened porch and front porch have hooks if you choose to bring an ENO or hammock.
4 Amenity cards are included with WEEKLY RENTALS ONLY. Charcoal grille included. Plenty of parking under both sides of the home and in the driveway. There is even parking for a modest boat!!!
***$250 returnable deposit
***4 luxury cards supplied with WEEKLY RENTALS ONLY
*** Golf cart not supplied. Information on rental companies can be supplied
***Additional amenities cards available for purchase
*** Beach towels, beach chairs, and bicycles not supplied
***No family pets due to allergies in our family
***Nightly rate does not include 11% tax
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Saint Helena Island. Local points of interest include Hunting Island Lighthouse and Penn Center. With kayaking, motor boating, and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the perfect Beaufort, SC vacation home experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is the most expensive season in the Beaufort, SC area. To get the best value, try changing your family's Beaufort, SC vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites often offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for more information.
- Look for your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides contain money saving offers on local shops and restaurants.
How to choose and book the right Beaufort, SC rental:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your dates, and select a budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. 2 minute ride to the beach. 4 amenity cards included with weekly rentals. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is often accessible online. If they are not listed, email or call the property manager before you reserve your rental. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you must reserve a rental that allows animals. Make sure to ask for information on breed, size, and type requirements. Some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking
During your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your phone.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your vacation home while you are out and about. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Upon check-in, record any issues with the property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers bothering your life at home. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected everything. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental one final time and scan for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the host isn't available, remember to take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a excellent stay? Many rental websites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.