Beaufort, SC - Walking Tour and Historic District

St. Helena's Episcopal Church
505 Church Street - ca. 1724

Saint Helena's Parish was organized in 1712 and construction of the church began in 1724. Colonel Jack "Tuscarora Jack" Barnwell founder of Beaufort, is buried here.

The church was used as a hospital during the Civil War, when its flat tombstones became operating tables.


NEXT >>>>>

Beaufort Walking Tour

Old Beaufort      Hilton Head
CoastalGuide / CoastalGuide


Copyright