The Beaufort Arsenal Museum
713 Craven Street - Built 1798 and rebuilt 1852
Many relics of nature, war and early industry are housed here. Once an arsenal, this building was constructed in 1798
of brick and tabby.
The Beaufort Arsenal was the home of the Beaufort Volunteer Artillery (BVA), which traced its formation to an
earlier company organized in 1776 and served in the Revolutionary War.
The BVA was stationed at Fort Beauregard during the
Battle of Port Royal on November 7, 1861.
Hours: M, T, Th, F, Sat 10 am - 5pm
Closed Wed and Sun