Beaufort, SC - Walking Tour and Historic District

John Mark Verdier House Museum
Bay Street - ca. 1790


Built in the 1790s by a prosperous merchant. In 1825, the Marquis de Lafayette was a house guest here. This Federal-style home was taken over by Union officers as their headquarters during the Civil War.

Hours: Mon-Sat, 11 am - 4 pm

NEXT >>>>>

Beaufort Walking Tour

Old Beaufort      Hilton Head
CoastalGuide / CoastalGuide


Copyright